The Punchlines

Monday 4 June 2012

ABOUT CHAOS

Alright, duckies. Lesson one.

Many have spoken before about a natural balance that must occur between Light and Darkness, which I do agree with. It has been stated many times that our current society (and planet) is severely lacking it, and that much is self-evident, otherwise, why in the hells would you be looking into this stuff in the first place? Besides, it's not as if the current state of affairs is doing anybody any favors, either spiritually or materially.

How come not spiritually, you ask? Sure, we've all heard it before, that us-in-spirit-form come here and incarnate as human and all the hardships we go through are meant to make us stronger.

Partially, that is true, and a very good philosophy, if you want to have something to hold on to so that you won't off yourself (lol). No, I am not trying to offend, I am just saying it as I see it. And yes, I have thought about suicide when I was a teen, but obviously I got over that phase, it is not uncommon, so shut it with the politically correct bullcrap. I'm not here to sugarcoat things for you.

Anyway, the part of the aforementioned philosophy that I don't particularly adhere to is the “meant to” part. See, I personally do not believe in anything that is “meant to be”, as if designed specifically for the needs of us mortals, out of the goodness of any higher power's heart. Or even for that higher power's sick pleasure. For all I know and care, there is no higher power, and if there is, it certainly isn't gonna be going round doing anyone any divine favors. Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, like I said, I am not out to shit on anyone's parade (religious or otherwise) I am simply saying what I feel.

So, that being said, the way I complete this particular philosophical puzzle is in fact quite simple (to me). The answer lies within Chaos. The way I see it, everything you could ever possibly imagine, build, or create, and the things that you can't, have their origins in Chaos, and this includes you, me, and any gods you can think about.

You don't have to believe me, just hear me out, ok? Like I said I am not out to discredit anything or anyone.

So what is this about the Chaos? Simply put, it is a realm, but it is not, it is a thing and it is a consciousness, and it seeps into the cracks of everything that exists. Everything that exists belongs to it anyway. Order as well, is a particular case of chaos, if we are to define Chaos itself as the All-rule and the No-rule, both at the same time. So if within this (hypothetical) realm of Chaos that encompasses all, there is a “formula” for order (which I believe is the case) then in a sense, it has created its own opposite, while at the same time implying that the concept of opposites itself is more of an illusion than anything else. (Though I am unsatisfied with this theory, it feels very incomplete and I am working on it and will make an update of it once I fill in the blanks)

How does it tie into the philosophy I mentioned earlier? Well, my theory is similar to string theory, in that I believe that Everything in Existence is made up of little vibrating strings of Chaos, and that includes all possible events and their concurring realities, as well as living beings. So, in a sense, yes, Chaos does provide, but it does so whether you want it to or not. Whether your pain and suffering makes you stronger is all up to how determined you are to overcome your condition, how skillful you are at manipulating the strings of Chaos that tie everything together, and how much you are able to learn from the situation you find yourself in and the people that are beside you (whether they are friends or foes).
Do I find this comforting? ABSOLUTELY! :D I like my chaotic version of the world, I like the fact that it gives me true freedom of choice, freedom from the same old tired paradigms, and freedom to be master of my own destiny, without the need of any external higher power to redeem me from anything. Whatever I've done, it will be the consequences of those acts that serve as either my praise or my punishment. And that doesn't mean recklessly going off and doing bad things that hurt others, no, that is wrong by virtue of the fact that you are imposing your (harmful) will upon someone else, and that means clashing with several other wills of several other people, authorities, and why not, entities. It's up to you if you do something like that or not, but sooner or later, the ripples your harmful actions create within this massive chaotic web will come back to you and they will bite you in the ass. Like attracts like and all that.

Similarly, by doing good, the ripples that come back to you will also be of the same nature. Even if on this horrid little rock in space, it seems like it's not so, if you take a minute to think about it, we might find (to my admittedly stunned surprise :P) that I am right about this.

Let's take an example. My parents always whine about this, that it's not fair how only a few assholes get to live a life of plenty, without want of anything and without caring about tomorrow. I agree, that isn't fair, morally speaking ( I have moral standards, even though you might not think so at this moment in time). But applying my theory, these people made all their (most likely, dirty) money by playing the strings of chaos that bind people and events together in such a way as to get them more and more money. And this has been going on for millennia, some of these rich assholes may even be the direct descendants of some other rich assholes of the past, who manipulated the strings so skillfully that their progeny are still reaping the benefits.

Will it come to bite them in the ass, like I say it does everyone? I don't know, maybe. Could be them the ones that pay, could be their progeny. Who's to say, really? The better question is why are we letting them? The even better question is why does it matter? But that, my friends, is a discussion for another time.

For now, I can only hope I have managed to capture at least a few people's interest, and that I will make more sense once this blog gets rollin'.

Stick around. I've barely scratched the tip of this humongous iceberg, and there are many more wondrous things I have left to rant about! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment